Thursday, April 12, 2012

North Philly

North Philadelphia is famous for its graffiti, the trouble is no one ventures out far enough to find it. Due to high crime, gangs and other safety problems most of North Philadelphia, especially around Kensington area. I had heard about a wall that was 5th and Cecil B Moore, in between the Girard El stop and Temple University. I had seen various pictures of the wall, covered in  amazing graffiti, changing nearly every year, and produced by some of Philadelphia's most amazing graffiti artists. I finally arrived at the location after nearly 40 mins of walking to come to find it was recently cover over in shit brown paint. I wasn't too upset because there was a building adjacent to the location were purely untouched and tagged from head to toe. As I ventured around I found that even though the famous 5th and Cecil B  Moore was no longer covered in luscious vibrant colors and mural themed tags there were plenty of other places close by that held the same ascetic. Here is some of the best graffiti collaboration and mural art still thriving in North Philadelphia.


THE Wall 
BEFORE



NOW


THIS IS WHAT I FOUND INSTEAD!
























































No comments:

Post a Comment